Blooming Blossom NutriFoliar
Price: $ 25.00
BioNatural NutriFoliar is a liquid formulation containing strains of Azotobacter.These bacteria are in their dormant forms and are suspended in clay based liquid formulation.
Bacteria are a major component of the diverse epiphytic microbial flora that are harboured by the leaves of plants in temperate, tropical and sub-tropical climates. Epiphytic bacteria are capable of living (i.e. multiplying) on the plant surfaces. These bacteria are called as “phyllobacteria” which possess specific characteristics like bio-film formation, nitrogen fixation, production of pigments, high GC content for protection against UV light etc. to survive on the hostile milieu.
Studies in the past have revealed an important relationship between plants surviving in nutrient poor soils and luxuriant leaves. This is due to the presence of nitrogen fixing organisms in the phyllosphere or the leaf surfaces. Azotobacter is predominantly found on the leaf surface vegetation.
- Protects plants from fungal infestation because of its property to secrete antifungal metabolites.
- As viable populations of bacteria are maintained for 3 to 4 weeks, the growth stimulants secreted by Azotobacter are spontaneously absorbed by the leaves. This saves on the use of costly plant growth promoting stimulants which are absorbed almost instantaneously by the plants.
- The effects of Foliar Liquid Biofertilizers are sustaining
- Improves the quality and keeping quality of the yield.
- Minimum 20% increase in yield.
- Being environment friendly, does not disturb ecological balance.
Mode of Action :
The dormant forms of Azotobacter in cyst form on reaching the leaves germinate to produce fresh batch of colonies of vegetative cells. The cells use up carbon and moisture from the leaf exudates and fix nitrogen. They have a competitive advantage as they are dependent on plant only for the carbon source. The cells multiply after finding favourable sites near the stomata or the base of the leaf hairs or at the depressions of the leaf surface to form colonies. They secrete plant growth promoting substances like auxins, giberrellins, cytoninins etc, vitamins of B group, amino acids and certain antifungal metabolites. Spraying Vitormone is like implanting small factories of microbes on cells which spontaneously provide useful metabolites to plants. As the leaf surface has lot of stressconditions, effective numbers of sprayed microbes can be found up to 3 weeks after which repeatbacterization if necessary.
Dosage for different crops
- Foliar* (minimum dilution 1:1000)
Small crops, turf and vines: 200 – 400 ml per ha
- Orchard Crops: 400 – 700 ml per ha
- Broadacre: 125 ml per ha
- Seedling Treatment: Dip seedlings in a solution of 1 ml per L
Packing Size: 100ml, 250ml, 1 liter (1,000 ml) and 5 liters (5,000 ml)
* All microbial products should be added to the tank last after all other inputs have been diluted. Apply in the late afternoon. Do not exceed 60 psi.
Factors influencing field results of BioNatural NutriFoliar
- Nitrogen fixation by BioNatural NutriFoliar microbes in enhanced in presence of Ca, Mg, Fe and Mo.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar microbes provide plant growth promoting substances which improve growth of the crop. So it is necessary to maintain the soil in optimum nutritional status.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is compatible with most of the micro-nutrients, fungicides and insecticides in tank mix concentrations. However, a jar test is recommended for testing.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is also compatible with sea-weed extracts as they are a good source of alginates or gums
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is also compatible with useful vitamins and plant hormones.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar microbes can grow at temperatures between 15 to 40 °C. Below 15°C it is better to use protein hydrolysates for boosting absorption by the plant cells.
- Under high humidity and rainfall it is better to use BioNatural NutriFoliar with non-ionic stickers.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar provides useful plant growth promoting substances at a spontaneous rate on the leaves. This boosts the vegetative and flowering vigour of the plant.
- Bottle once opened should be used immediately.
- Do not mix BioNatural NutriFoliar with bactericides.
- Do not mix BioNatural NutriFoliar with highly acidic water [ ph< 5]
- BioNatural NutriFoliar is non-toxic to plants, animals and human beings.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar does not leave any harmful residues.
- BioNatural NutriFoliar can be used for organic farming.